About the One Stadium Public Viewing in Cote d'Ivoire
Football, the most widespread sport on this planet,
transcends country and creed. Sony and its partner JICA have organised the following three programs (inlcuding public viewings)
in various cities across Cote d'Ivoire during the 2014 FIFA World Cup™.
- Public viewing of the 2014 FIFA World Cup™ on Sony HD and high-quality audio devices
- Friendly football match with a multi-ethnic team, and a program promoting understanding between different ethnic groups
- Children's Workshops (Generating Electricity with a Smile, Fun AR, and Flashy Cameras)
The first match Cote d'Ivoire play will be against Japan. Employees from SONY have brought their equipment and constructed venues in Cote d'Ivoire. SONY will hold public viewings of live matches, including the highly anticipated Cote d'Ivoire vs Japan game, right through to the finals of the 2014 FIFA World Cup™.
Message from Eiji Kawashima
We are planning to provide public viewing of the Japan v Cote d'Ivoire game to be held June 14 local time (June 15 Japan time) to those in the Cote d'Ivoire.
We have received a message from Japan team goalkeeper Eiji Kawashima for the public viewing! Eiji Kawashima is fluent in several languages including English and French and is involved in many social action programs. He was happy to respond to our request for a message. Thanks Eiji!
Persons from SONY and JICA will visit 17 cities in Cote d'Ivoire, carrying out the following program in each city. After getting to know everyone through a game of football and workshops, we will all watch the games at the long-awaited public viewings. We know that it will be a great day of excitement for both young and old!
- Friendly Football Match
- Football is the one key that connects the whole population of Cote D'Ivoire. Bonds can be formed and lasting friendships made by having women, children, adults and multi-ethnic groups join in for a game of football.
- Generating Electricity with a Smile
- Electricity will be generated by turning a football-shaped power generator
- Pictures will be taken using the electricity generated
- The pictures will be kept and cherished by the people that took them
- Promoting Understanding
- In order to help the children of Coite D'Ivoire to better appreciate the importance of peace, we have decided to go beyond tribal distinctions and hold games and plays, and organise a discussion about peace in the area.
- Public Viewing
- FIFA World Cup™ will be screened on a 200-inch screen, which is bound to move countless people irrespective of what tribe they belong to.
SONY Products used during Public Viewings
This cutting-edge public viewing came into being through the minds and efforts of a group of SONY volunteers who thought: "What can we do to get the people of Cote D'Ivoire to enjoy the games on the big screen?"
Cote d'Ivoire Facts
In Africa football has an enthusiastic following, and Cote d'Ivoire have proven that is even more in love with the sport than others. "Les Elephants" is the name of the familiar national side.PHOTO:SHINICHI KUNO/JICA
Cote d'Ivoire is the number one producer of cacao (the main ingredient in chocolate) in the world! Even Japan imports cacao from Cote d'Ivoire. The chocolate you ate today may well have contained cacao from Cote d'Ivoire!© TICAD Africa.hiroba.
SurroundingsThe New York of west Africa
The capital of Cote d'Ivoire is Yamoussoukro. However, Cote d'Ivoireapos;s largest city is Abidjan, in the gulf of Guinea. Abidjan has a population of over 3.5 million, and is a bustling city with automobile, chemical, and a variety of other industries.